Nutrition: 302 Calories | 3.7g Net Carbs | 16.2g Protein | 20g Total Fat
An easy, healthy mediterranean frittata packed with artichokes, tomatoes, olives and feta, served in individual ramekins with a creamy lemon yogurt sauce.
For today’s recipe, I bring you light and flavorful frittatas. I often make frittatas when we have breakfast for dinner, and this time I decided to have some fun by making them in ramekins. It’s an easy way to make the meal more special, and you can do it with any of your favorite frittatas. These vegetable frittatas take you on a trip to the Mediterranean, without the expensive plane ticket. They are packed with rich flavors from kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts and feta cheese. It’s also a great recipe to switch up your breakfast routine and perfect for a light lunch.
Prep the Vegetables
The best part of this recipe is it super quick to make. Start by cutting some sweet grape tomatoes in half, and add them to a bowl. Second, slice up kalamata olives and add them to the bowl. Black olives work well too. You can also buy the olives pre-sliced. Third, add marinated artichoke hearts to the mix. If the pieces are large, cut them into bite-sized pieces. Lastly, add crumbled feta cheese to the bowl and mix everything together. Set the frittata filling aside.
Whisk the Eggs
The next step is to prepare the eggs. So, whisk the eggs together with heavy cream and water in a large measuring cup. The measuring cup makes pouring easier. Spray your ramekins with non-stick spray. Then, pour the egg mixture in the prepared ramekins, dividing it evenly. If you don’t have ramekins, you could easily make the frittatas in a cupcake pan, in a large oven safe skillet, or in a pie plate.
Add the Filling and Bake
The last step is to add the frittata filling you made to the ramekins. Adding the filling last helps make sure each serving has an even amount of the filling. Put the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
Make Lemon Yogurt Sauce
While the frittatas are baking, make the yogurt sauce. In a bowl, mix together greek yogurt with the juice and zest from half a lemon. Once it’s mixed together add salt to taste and set the sauce aside.
The frittatas will come out of the oven golden and puffy, kind of like a soufflé. Carefully move the frittatas to plates. Top with more tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and cheese as you like. Finally, drizzle with the lemon greek yogurt sauce and enjoy.
Healthy Individual Mediterranean Frittata Recipe with Artichokes
An easy, healthy mediterranean frittata packed with artichokes, tomatoes, olives and feta, served in individual ramekins with a creamy lemon yogurt sauce. A light meal, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 Cup Each (Plus more for topping as desired):
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Chopped
- Grape Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lemon, Juice and Zest
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spray 4 ramekins with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream and water.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and add to a bowl. Slice the olives and add to bowl with the tomatoes. Finally, slice the marinated artichoke hearts and add them to the bowl along with the crumbled feta cheese. Mix the filling together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared ramekins, dividing it evenly. Then, add the vegetable filling to the eggs in the ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- While the frittatas are baking, add the greek yogurt to a bowl, along with the juice and zest of half a lemon. Mix the sauce together and add salt to taste.
- Once the frittatas are done baking, carefully move the ramekins to plates. Top with more artichokes, tomatoes olives and cheese as desired and drizzle with the lemon yogurt sauce. Enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 Individual Frittata
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302, Total Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 9.3g, Cholesterol: 407mg, Sodium: 374.5mg, Carbohydrates: 4.6g, Fiber 0.9g, Sugars: 1.9g, Protein 16.2g